Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Good Question Micah!

I was reading bedtime stories to the boys tonight, Darrick has duty, and we were reading a book called "Animal Babies". We got to page which had a picture of a family of turkeys. I saw it as a teachable moment and my teacher mode kicked in and I asked the boys to observe the differences between the daddy turkey and the mommy turkey. They said things like: the daddy is bigger, it has a beard, etc. I pointed out to them how beautiful the daddy was in color and feathers. Then I used other examples like peacocks and some birds we have here in Hawaii and how all the daddy birds are more beautiful.

Then Micah looks at me and says "Then Mommy, how come you are more beautiful then daddy?" And Jacob said, "Yea, Mommy you are more beautiful!"

Good Question Micah, good question...

4 comments:

Nicole Leonard said...

LOL! Excellent, question, Micah!!

Out of the mouths of babes...

:) josefina :) said...

oh, how sweet!!! I love it!

B is for Boring said...

hahaha - yea Jenn you are more beautifuler than Darrick

Lee Jones said...

If he keeps that up, he'll have his own beautiful lady for sure when he grows up!

@3leonards: I had the exact same thought!