Saturday, April 02, 2011

Adoption Fundraising

It is no secret that adoption is not cheap. Families who desire to adopt often have to get creative to raise the funds they need to bring their child or children home. Our current adoption is on hold for the year that Darrick is deployed. Someone pointed out to me the other day that I am "Pregnant" since we are in the waiting stage! Our dear friends, the Racela Family, are also in the adoption process again. I traveled to Africa with them when we adopted Naomi. We shared an amazing experince together and have shared a wonderful friendship ever since. They are having a "Dump your pennies" fundraiser. We are collecting our pennies for them until the 4th of July along with other people. Can't wait to see the total raised in July!
I found the Chase Family online through another blog that I read. They were having an online auction fundraiser. I do not know this family personally but they are in the process of adopting from Africa. I saw this shirt and bid on it and WON! I so totally LOVE it! They even customized it for me with the heart in South Africa!



6 comments:

KellyR said...

Wow thank you!!!! It is amazing and cool to see those pennies:) You all are the best. I love the shirt too.

Darrick said...

I already have a good number of pennies in a drawer here. I will keep them and get even more now that I know. Hey I really like that shirt; that is a good idea they had and I hope they got some of the $ they need. Please keep me in the loop of the Racela adoption part two.

Jen said...

Thanks for the shout-out, Jennifer, and for your purchase! I just started selling these shirts on our blog and am having a pre-sale until this Friday if you know anyone else who might be interested. :) Details can be found here:
http://teamchase4andcounting.blogspot.com/2011/03/adoption-rocks.html
and here:
http://teamchase4andcounting.blogspot.com/2011/03/t-shirt-sales-begin-today.html

Darrick said...

Looks like the shirts are woman's only. Is that correct?

Jen said...

Actually, I have men's in any color for $18, boys/girls in any color for $15, and infant/toddler in peach, pink, white, and purple {for girls} and red, blue, green, and white {for boys} for $12. Shipping is the same for all $2 each. :)

Darrick said...

Hey my Jenn, I would like to get a shirt, you can pick the color.