Sometimes I get big ideas in my head and there is no telling me no. But usually Darrick is there to reason with me but he is such a good guy, he usually just helps me, so the job is not too overwhelming.
Well Darrick is not here and on Friday afternoon I got one of my big ideas. We have this huge bush/tree in the left side corner of our back yard. It is supposed to be the size of the hedge you can see through the chain link fence. Our neighbor, who has lived in the house next to us 50 years, told me that the last two people living in the house never even trimmed it. So I decided to give it a trim.
BEFORE
AFTER
Well as you can see from the pictures I did more then trim it. It took two days, a hand saw, a branch clipper, gloves, a ladder and a rake but I did it. But it was not easy. I was up in the tree, hanging from branches, bopped in the head by falling branches, I got leaves and other stuff down my shirt, cuts and tons of bruises. at the end of the second day, when I had a few more branches to saw, I almost cried and thought "What and why am I doing this?"
This is my pile for Darrick to chop into fire wood when he gets home!
2 comments:
Yup, don't try to talk Jenn out of something. One of the things I love about her. The bad thing is if I were home and she wanted me to do it and I was slow to get to it I would come home from work and find her in the tree. Then there I go...but it looks like the tree lost big time.
nice Jenn!
Post a Comment