Monday, April 29, 2013

Dreadlock Upkeep

BEFORE
 A few weeks ago we started dreadlocks in Naomi's hair.  We are loving this style.  Every few weeks, especially in the beginning, it is important to retwist.  It took me 3 1/2 hours and 270+ clips!
I always start at the bottom and work my way up

Each lock has to be retwisted

First I get some locking gel on my fingers and the start at the root and work it to the tip

Then I twist....

and twist and twist

until it is tight and all the loose hairs have been incorporated

Then I clip it at the root

and move on to the next one

Back and front half done

Complete

I ran out of clips and had to find a few extras!!!

To keep her occupied while I do her hair she watches Veggietales on the Kindle

View from the top

She also has snacks-fruit popsicle

These are the clips I use-I buy them at Salley's

AFTER



No comments: