I am sorry for the break in the blog posts. Just when I thought I was doing better health wise-my iron dropped. It has to do with my monthly cycle and I will spare you of the details but after a week- I was drained in more ways then one.
I was back to taking a nap every day and going to bed before the kids-I am so thankful for Darrick!
Then late this afternoon, my body started hurting. I have learned that my body hurting is a sure sign that I had wheat or gluten. When I say hurting I mean that my body gets really achy and sore like when you have the flu and my joints hurt. We were at a birthday party at the time so I just tried to focus on friends and the party.
By the time we got home I was in terrible pain. Darrick and I recalled all that I ate in the last 24 hours. We have found that if I do eat gluten or wheat I will feel it within 24 hours.
- At the party I had salad and chips-they served pizza too, but I couldn't eat it
- Lunch we had chili dogs-I used a gluten free hot dog bun
- Breakfast I had a fruit smoothie and LARA bar
- Last night we went to a BBQ and I had a hot dog with gluten free bun and a smore with a gluten free graham cracker
It was the Chili we used on the chili dogs. Darrick is always so careful to check and this time he didn't. It is so easy to miss. So tonight I am in pain and trying to do things, like blog, so I don't focus on the pain. The brand of chili was Nalley Onion Chili. Nalleys does not claim to be gluten free, we just didn't check the label. P.S. The chili was good! Here are the ingredients:
- water
- beef
- beans
- dehydrated onions
- tomato paste
- wheat flour
- etc
1 comment:
Hormel chili With Beans is gluten free. We use it for frito pie, chili dogs, etc. The one without beans is not gluten free.
Post a Comment