Monday, May 13, 2013

Endometrial Biopsy

Friday I went to see an OB GYN specialist.  I did not think the appt. would be a big deal.  I thought the Dr. would look at my ultrasound pictures and discuss my options with me.  Well part of that was true.  He did look at the ultrasound pictures.  He said the fibroid they found was larger then orginally thought and it is growing half in the wall of my uterus and half into my uterus.

But what I did not expect was that he would want to to an endometrial biopsy.  If you want to know the specifics about it, click here. I will spare everyone else the details.  Just know that it hurt like nobodies business.

After I slightly recovered from that procedure we discussed options.  The first is removal of only the fibroid and the second is a hysterectomy.  There are many pro and cons to each and we are in the process of deciding which one we are going to go with.  We will get the results from the biopsy in 1 week.

No comments: