Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Memorial Day Meatfest

 Yesterday we celebrated Memorial Day by hanging out with our friends the Alvines.  Darrick and Steve both love BBQ and when they get together it turns into a meatfest.  We started off with grilled bread that had butter, salt and honey on it.  The smaller ones were gluten free.
 I barely got a picture of the wings before they were all eaten up.  I don't eat wings but I heard they were good.
 I just had to get a picture of sweet James.  The Alvine family adopted James a few months ago from the Philippines.  He is a very active little boy and does not sit still for very long.  He was running around or riding his little car around and the whole time he kept saying "fast!"
 This was the brisket that Steve cooked.
 This was the famous pork roll that Steve makes.  It is pork that is wrapped in bacon.



Then to round out the meal Darrick made his awesome pulled pork with delicious homemade BBQ sauce.

Good thing the Alvines invited their neighbors too because there was more than enough meat to go around!

No comments: