Monday, May 06, 2013

Gluten Coma

Yesterday, Darrick and I were given the chance to go on a date.  A friend of ours offered to take the kids for the afternoon.  We decided to go on a discovering Everett date.  We have lived in Everett for 2 years now.  We always see stores that we say "Sometime I want to go in that store and check it out".  So yesterday we did.

The first thing we did was go to our first Estate Sale.  Have you ever been to one?  It was pretty close to our house so we thought we would check it out.  The couple had both passed away but they had lived through the Depression and did not throw anything away.  I have never seen anything like it. 

It is a bit strange because you just wander through their house and everything is for sale.  It was a pretty big house and there was just so much stuff!  A room full of yarn and fabric.  Walls of clothes, shoes and furs.  Just stuff, stuff, and stuff!  I found 4 fabrics and bought those.

Our next stop was lunch at one of our favorite places in Everett-Tampicos.  Health wise I was feeling amazing so I decided to do an experiment.  It has been months now that I have been gluten free so it is completely out of my system.  If I do eat something with gluten I now know exactly what it was.  I LOVE enchiladas and since they are made of corn tortillas they are a pretty safe bet.  But lately I have been thinking that they make their enchilada sauce with flour.

Lunch was so yummy and I told Darrick my plan and he said "Why don't you just ask them if they use flour in the sauce?"  Great idea, I don't know why I didn't think of it.  So we did ask and they told us that they do make their sauce with flour.  Ugh! Good to know but I knew what would be coming...pain.

But we went on with our date and checked out other stores.  We stopped and got ice cream(without the cone) and strawberry lemonade.  Then we took a beautiful drive to Kayak Point to check out their campground.

It had been hours after lunch and the pain was starting, a soreness in my joints.  And in addition to the pain I started getting really tired.  We got home from our date around 5:00pm and I went straight to bed and did not wake up until this morning.  It was a gluten coma.  I have heard others refer to having a gluten coma and now I know what they are talking about.  I was so out of it.  Darrick said he tried to wake me a few times but I would wake slightly and go back to sleep.  Have you ever had a "Gluten Coma?"

No comments: