We had such a busy weekend. We were so tired every night we just went to bed so I will catch you up!
On Friday we picked up Darrick up from being out to sea all week. They ended up getting off the ship late and the boys and I had to wait in the parking lot over an hour. Both the boys fell asleep which was great for the wait but not so good for bed time. We went to KMart to eat dinner at Little Ceaser's Pizza. They have a restaraunt inside KMart. Then we did some shopping. On the way to the car Micah was running and took a big fall in the parking lot and scrapped up his knees pretty bad. But they are healing nicely.
Saturday morning started with Pancakes! Then we cleaned the house and Darrick mowed the lawn. At noon Darrick had a soccer game against an undefeated team. The Hopper team played so good and ended up winning 3-1!
On the way to the soccer game I got a cell phone call from my dear friend Becky. She got engaged!!! Her fiance's name is Jim Peterson and is from Holland, Michigan. They will be getting married October 1st of this year!
Saturday night we had a double date planned with a married couple from church-Troy and Bow. I posted our picture below. They lead our Bible Study during the week. Troy is from Hawaii and Bow is from Thailand. We really like them and had a good time. We went to dinner at Black Angus (it is called Cattleman's here) and then saw a movie called "Fever Pitch". Aaron and his wife Brittney watched the boys for us. Aaron works for Darrick.
Sunday we went to church and our friend Steph joined us again. I observed in the children's class because I will be teaching next week. After church we had lunch and then Steph took me out for a Girl's Afternoon Out! I really needed it and we had so much fun. We went and got pedicures and then went to see a movie caleed "Beauty Shop". My toes are so cute, with red polish and a Hawaiian flower design on them.
After I dropped Steph off at the barracks I went home and we had dinner and relaxed. We had so much to do and loved it all. Darrick is in port this week and we look forward to him coming home every night this week!
Monday, April 25, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Glad to see your sphere of friends continue to expand! You may want to take the boys and your friends to Cold Stone tonight (see my blog for details). Here's a map of locations near you.
awesome to hear from you again! and it does sound like you guys were busy this weekend! You are getting tan too!
Post a Comment