Well today started out good. We went to Church and took some friends with us. Then we went to the meeting after Church to discuss the future of Anuenue. While the pastor was talking about options he said he had been in contact with a CRC pastor from California named Randy Young. Just encase you don't know Pastor Randy, he baptized me, married Jenn and I and baptized Micah. He was the Pastor at Friendship Community Church when I first started going there in the early nineties. Jenn and I almost feel out of our chairs. Then he said that Randy is feeling led to be in California. God is really amazing us, I mean what are the chances that we would come to a church going through the same things we just went through at Friendship and they would mention Pastor Randy. We are learning the chances are good with God. They are talking about finding a pastor from within the Church. Jenn and I looked at each other both thinking "we've been through this before." We talked to Pastor Hugo after church and told him about how we know Randy and he was really interested in that even though he says he feels God calling someone local to be the Pastor. So we just need to pray for God's will to be done at Anuenue. But at the same time, boy would we love to have Pastor Randy as our Pastor again.
Then our friends were watching the boys for us and we were going to go to the grocery store. We stopped at K Mart first and the van started to act funny . I mean lights were blinking and it was not running good and the battery light came on. There is a Checker auto parts in the same parking lot so we parked and had them come out and check the battery. It was good so we tried to check the altenator and we though it was bad. So I borrowed some tools and took it out there in the parking lot, about an hour or more, and took it in for them to test it. It was good. Took it out for nothing but at least we know it is good. So I put it back in and the van still started and ran. So we walked over to K Mart and did some shopping and Jenn but some food to try to make it throughout the week, I will be gone. We got in the van and Jenn prayed and the van started and ran but now the service engine soon light is on. We made it home but don't know what to do about the van.
That is our day. It was a little crazy and nerve racking but Jenn was happy that I kept my cool and that I was able to take the altenator out and put it back in by myself.
Hope to be able to have a better report next time. Pray for us and our van.
Darrick
Sunday, April 10, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It turns out that Randy called your pastor to recruit him for The River CRC in California. I understand your pastor is taking a step of faith to leave your church, even though he doesn't have anything lined up! Wow!!
A little update on Randy... you can hear him for yourself by clicking here (873k MP3).
Post a Comment