Today was a hard day with the boys. They miss Darrick so much and have not seen him since Tuesday. Darrick had duty for someone today and they were expecting to see him. Darrick also took the car to work and I think we all just had cabin fever. We were all kind of bored and not sure what to do.
Micah tried riding his bike without training wheels 3 times today. He is getting better but is not quite there yet. He had a few good spills and quit once. I told him the story how Papa (my dad) taught me to ride a bike. And how my dad wouldn't let me give up and I eventually did it.
We also watched Jacob's ultrasound video. If you know Jacob, you know that he sucks his thumb. It is not constant but usually when he is tired. I was so surprised to see him sucking his thumb in my womb. And he was doing it a lot. I have not watched his video since before he was born.
Darrick and I are really trying to foster love and affection in our home. We don't ever want the boys to feel awkward giving us or one another a hug or saying I love you. After we came in the house from Micah's bike riding the boys were taking off their shoes. And Micah says to Jacob "I love you Jacob!" and Jacob responds, "I love you brother!" and then they hugged. My heart just swelled at that moment. I really love watching the dynamics between them as siblings. It can be challenging since they are only 2 years apart but it can also be so rewarding! They do everything together because they are so close in age they are interested in the same things. They have their not so good moments too, but I really look forward to watching their relationship grow closer as they grow older.
Saturday, June 04, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
In my uninformed opinion, it is good for you to encourage your sons to be expressive. I find that very admirable!
Post a Comment