Today is a special day in our house. Today marks 10 years for Darrick in the Navy-he is half way to retirement!
On this day 10 years ago Darrick arrived at Boot Camp in Great Lakes, Illinois and his official Navy clock started ticking. He flew there from San Diego and arrived in the afternoon. He landed in Chicago and then took a bus to Great Lakes. When he got off the bus he was greeted by lots of yelling and commands. They started issuing him everything the Navy thought he needed to survive. The next few days were getting shots, doing paper work, going to dental and going to medical and most important of all-learning how to march. Darrick is glad that is all in the past.
In honor of this special day we created the Darrick Hays trivia game-please guess which one is false and post your guess in our comments and we will post the answer tomorrow.
A. During one of his deployments Darrick pierced his own nipple with a needle and an ice cube.
B. Darrick got a tatoo of a coyete howling at the moon on his arm in Turkey for $30.00
C. During his graduatin from boot camp, Darrick stood at attention for so long he passed out but quickly came to again.
D. In Norfolk Darrick and 2 other sailors were jumped by 20 guys. One guy broke a car window with Darrick's head and Darrick ended up with a black eye.
E. On the John Paul Jones Darrick was part of the VBSS team which boarded ships coming in and out of Iraq.
Friday, July 08, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I guess D. I know a few of the other ones are true (unfortunately) ;o). I'm looking forward to seeing what the answer is.
Happy anniversary, Darrick! You're an exemplary man for your boys. We love you!
I'm going to say "C"-- am I right?
I think I'm going to have to go with C as well. I hope I'm right!!!
Hey I didn't know that would come up Anonymous.
Heidi
I hope it was D!
The answer is C. That is our best guess! Dad, Mom and Jeff
Post a Comment