Monday, December 31, 2007

Any Advice?

Since Micah's birthday is in February and he asked Santa for a PSP for Christmas, Darrick and I thought we would do some research.

During our search we have discovered Nintendo DS. The unit itself is less expensive, the games are less expensive, it seems more kid friendly and it has a lot more younger kid friendly games.

We are just wondering if anyone out there has an input to the PSP vs. Nintendo DS debate? We would really appreciate it!

8 comments:

PealzfromShelz said...

the husband suggests 'should buy the nintendo DS, but I'm not an expert
... but they do have more kid friendly games'

Kendrew said...

I definitely have to say the Ninentdo DS is better for children and they do have a better choice of games for children. The PSP has more adult type games and it is more expensive to buy the games as well. Micah would be just as happy if not happier with the DS.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenn, it's Tonya!!! My first comment on your blog...woohoo!! Well we got the kids DS' for Christmas...they love them...there are a lot of great games and they can also use the game boy advance games for them, which you can find for very cheap!! They can also play against other people wirelessly, EVEN PEOPLE IN CHINA!!!! And there are even some learning games...I got Jalen a game called Spelling Challenges and More, it's great, adults can play it too, it goes all the way to level 100. It teaches spelling, definitions, nouns, verbs, and adjectives. You start off at a level appropriate for your age. And Deja has one called Brain Age that is a good learning one too!! Tayveon didn't get a DS, he got the v-tech smile pocket game, which he loves. I say buy the DS!!!!!

Lee Jones said...

Well, shoot. I don't either, but I have friends who do. I'd go for the DS.

Nicole Leonard said...

I haven't played either one. But my cousin Matthew (7 years old) got a DS for Christmas and he LOVES it.

bena said...

Corey has PSP and I have DS. I think the DS has a better selection of games and you can use the sylus on some of the games too. I would go for the DS.

Aunt Belinda

Unknown said...

Are you open to other suggestions? This is my thought on this topic.

Too many game systems today inadvertently encourage a sedentary lifestyle. This is a downfall.
Bob purchased a Wii system for Christmas. It promotes players’ physical health as they are forced to essentially interact in the games. Why not invest in a form of entertainment that also strengthens one’s health?

Tomoko, Bob and Paul Feagles

Anonymous said...

I asked Jason and he said, "Nintendo DS has a way better selection of games. PSP is probably better for when he gets older." Have fun! Aunt Karen