Sunday, December 23, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me!

Yes, I know, today is not my real birthday, it is tomorrow. But Darrick has to stand duty on Christmas Day. So we celebrating my birthday today and Christmas tomorrow. The boys and I went to church this morning and Darrick met us at home when we got back. He had to stand duty yesterday.
So after church I opened my cards and presents. Thanks Dad and Mom for the money and calendar and Grandpa and Grandma and the Sytsma family for the cards.

Then we headed up to North shore to have birthday lunch at Cholo's. I had a yummy chicken, cheese and bean burrito with rice!
Then came the interesting part. The boys decorated my cake. You could definitly tell it was made by 2 kids. They sang to me and helped me blow out my candles as I made a wish: for our daughter to be placed with us this year.
We just opened our Christmas pj's and movies. Jacob got "Surf's Up" and Micah got "Meet the Robinson's". Micah and I made our Christmas breakfast. It is called Cowboy French Toast and it has to sit overnight and then you just pop it in the oven in the morning. We are going to have a slumber party tonight and watch movies and be cozy in our pajamas!

LUKE UPDATE: He doesn't seem to be in a lot of pain and is even starting to run around with his cast dragging behind him. He sleeps a lot and looks like he longs to go outside. On Friday the 28th he has his next appt. when he will get his new splint. He also seems to be terrified of Darrick. We think that Luke associates the pain of his broken leg with Darrick since he was the one with him when it happened. Thank you for all the prayers and thoughts for our puppy.

3 comments:

The Gutes said...

Happy Birthday Jenny Jenny Bo Benny! We've been trying to call you all day, but the line's been busy. You must be one popular person :)

Anonymous said...

Happy belated Birthday Jenn! And Merry Christmas. Hope you guys had a great holiday, I'm freezing out here in Cali. When I get back we need to talk! :)

Stacey

B is for Boring said...

Happy Birthday Jenn!