As I was finishing my last blog post I heard a lot of dripping sounds. I looked up and water was dripping out of the kitchen ceiling onto the counter and floor. So we had to call emergency maintaince. So before we could have our Christmas Eve sleepover we were visited by an elf who cut a hole in our roof and discovered it was from a leak in the overflow drain from the upstairs bathroom.We woke up Christmas morning, popped our Cowboy French Toast in the oven and got the turkey ready to go in next. Just as we were about to sit down for a nice family Christmas breakfast the doorbell rang and it was another elf who wanted to patch up the hole with drywall.

The food was yummy but the atmosphere wasn't. It is hard to have a nice family meal when there is a stranger in your kitchen pounding and scraping. Micah decided he did not like his meal and ended up eating Special K but the rest of us liked it.
From there we went into the livingroom to try and have more privacy. Micah read half of the Christmas story and I read the other half. Then we took pictures of the boys in their Christmas pajamas by the tree.

Then it was time to open presents. The theme for the boys was Pokemon and Star Wars. And they were very excited about a rocket Uncle Charlie and Auntie Maud got them!


Then it was time for our Christmas feast. I made an 11 lbs. turkey, rolls, black olives, corn, stuffing, greenbean casserole, mashed potatoes, gravy and sparkling cider. Everything was delicious except my gravy. The flavor was awesome but it was super runny.
Here is a picture of my Christmas dishes I bought in the spring. I have always wanted Christmas dishes with holly and I finally found some I really liked.In the evening we headed to the Pearl City Cultural Center to attend our church Christmas Eve service. It was really awesome and the children, Micah and Jacob included sang 2 songs. There was also hula, hip hop dancing, praise time, a moving testimony and an awesome sermon by our pastor Mike Kai.
Jacob fell asleep on the way home and after a nice bath, Micah was out like a light.
Darrick and I cuddled up on the couch and watched "The Nativity Story". It was really good and we both liked it a lot. Then it was time for us to hit the hay too. It was a very nice Christmas.
Darrick left early this morning because he has to stand duty on the ship. We are going to join him there in a little bit because they are having a Christmas service and meal on the ship.
Merry CHRISTmas everyone!
2 comments:
Did Santa bring Micah a PSP?
Merry Christmas Hays Family! Happy Belated Birthday Jenn!
Despite the obstacles (leak and repairs), I am glad you had a nice day!
Post a Comment