Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Making Jam

Last Saturday my kids all had play dates which was so nice because it gave me some time to myself. The boys were at the Timmermans and Naomi was hanging out with Miss Debbie.

Debbie gave me all the stuff I needed to make Raspberry Rhubarb Jam, so all I had to do was make it. I have never made jam before. This recipe is for Freezer Jam so it stays good for awhile.

First I needed to slice up the rhubarb.

Then mix the sliced and chopped rhubarb, raspberries and a lot of sugar together and let it sit in the fridge overnight.

Then in the morning I pureed it in the blender because I wanted to take some of the chunks out.

Then it simmered on the stove for 15 minutes. When the simmering is complete add raspberry jello.

Then pour it into jars, let it cool and store in freezer!

2 comments:

B is for Boring said...

I love it! You're so Pioneer Woman Jenn!

Unknown said...

It looks really good...I want to make jam now!