Yesterday we received the appraisal report. The house appraised for $210,000 with a few contingencies. This means that there are a few things the appraiser wants done to the house before he gives the OK. Most of them the seller is already fixing but he requested some painting be done around the windows, eaves and exterior doors. When the work is done he will go back to the property to complete a re-inspection and verify that the work is complete and then we can close.
I have had a piece of scrapbook paper for years that I love. I never used it, in hopes that one day I could incorporate its design and colors into our home.
Yesterday when I walked into a store, I saw an awesome rug that reminded me so much of that scrapbook paper! I bought the rug for our living room and the best part was that it was on clearance so I got it at over 50% off the original price!

8 comments:
What color is it now? I see the pictures and wonder if you left it that color what would it look like once the couches and rug are in place because it looks like they would go together. I can't tell the wall color though from the lighting.
a lighter shade of the dark green--same tone, just lighter. i'd avoid the yellows and oranges since the couches are grey.
great job on the rug!!
I think the dark red in the rug would look great on an accent wall. It's bold and it will stand out against the hardwood floors! And would go with the sofas too.. You can always add in more colors from the rug with some throw pillows on the sofa
Oooh... congratulations! I love the rug..very Arts and Crafts. I found this site that has paint and stain colors from 1910-1920 (which I am guessing is the approximate age of your home going by the architecture) and I think I would go with the grey-green wash that is the fourth row from the left, second one down. It would change hue depending on the time of day, but would still be neutral enough to not clash with the floor (warm). I have a very similar color in my kitchen, and it works beautifully with antique red accents, like the color second row from left, fourth down. That would pick up the warm colors in your rug...and if I could make a suggestion, the fireplace is supposed to be the focal point of the whole room, so I'd start by painting the face a dark chocolate and then painting the mantel and hearth dark antique red...which would go beautifully with your rug, your green walls, and your furniture! Yay, Hays family!! :)
Here's the link:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/daily-bungalow/2971353069
Jenna
I'm partial to hold accent walls. I say paint the walls and neutral color but make the fireplace wall deep red. Maybe paint the fireplace itself a dark chocolate brown. So excited to see your home in a little over a month!!
I'm in love with the room and the rug:) You did good! can't wait to see you all moved in.
Hey Jenn! Jeff and I were at Home Depot tonight and I saw cushions that looked exactly like your rug! I matched it with some light greens or a light blue like the picture would look great I think! But that is just me! It is beautiful! I hope the packing is going well!
Beth
Post a Comment