I'm back! Today we got our Internet hooked up! We have now been in our house for 6 days and we love it!
But first let's talk about moving day. Thankfully the sun was shining which living in WA is a blessing in itself. On Friday Jenn T. came over and helped me with the last minute packing like the kitchen and things like that. The kids played while we packed and then we had pizza for dinner.
I was up early Saturday morning doing some last minute things. We told everyone to arrive around 8am but people started showing up about 7:45-what eager beavers. In total we had 13 adults, 5 trucks, 3 cars and 1 uhaul. Everyone except 2 people were from our church. I have never seen a house packed so fast. A family from Homeschool came to pick up my 3 kids and took them for the whole day. By 10:15 everyone was in their cars and driving to the new house with everything loaded! It was amazing!
Once we got to our new house the unpacking began. Our street is small so they had to take turns backing their trucks into the driveway to be unloaded.


By 2:00 they were done and I mean done: beds were set up and made, washer and dryer hooked up, living room and dining room set up, and kitchen unpacked.
Another lady from church made two crock pots of soup for all the workers for lunch. Others brought drinks, ham buns and cookies and bars.
One of the boys teachers, Mrs. Doud, brought us the most yummy dinner that night: Penne pasta, salad, watermelon, bread, soup and cookies.
I cannot even tell you how loved and supported our family feels. It was really hard to do this without Darrick but our friends made it easier.
4 comments:
This is the best story I could have read! I am in awe of your amazing circle of friends, and I am so glad that you have them! Wow!!!! You are a homeowner:)
Enjoy-love to you all
Kelly
Wow. that sounds awesome! I'm glad you had so much help! :)
How wonderful that God placed you with the church family that you needed. Great is His Faithfulness.
Amazing! Congratulations on your first home! Praise God for sending all the help and support you needed!
Post a Comment