I am happy to report that I think our van is back to normal. The boys and I went to Walmart in the afternoon and the McDonald's for dinner and the van was good, just like normal. I am so happy!
I spent the morning doing laundry and cleaning the bathrooms, exciting I know, but it had to be done. In the afternoon we had oceanic time warner come to hook up our new digital phone. We now have a combo package and pay one bill for cable, internet and now phone.
Today is trash day for us. Trash Day has been an interesting experince. All my life no matter where I have lived the trash truck picks up your trash on your trash day. Well not in Hawaii. You put your trash out on your day but they pick it up when they get to it. So you just leave it out until it is empty. It could be on your day or the next day. If it is a few days and people pull their cans back to their house they will come and look in your can and if it is full they will bring it to the truck and empty it.
I am not sure why it is that way. Someone told me, "What's the hurry? It will still be there waiting, it's not going anywhere!" But we have learned to relax and embrace this Hawaiian philosophy.
The boys are adapting in subtle ways too. Sometimes Micah will say "Mahalo" instead of Thank you. Flip flops are called slippers here and the boys use the word slipper all the time. Everyone takes off their shoes to enter a house and the boys do that right away now when we enter someone's house. That is one thing that I appreciate. The time warner guys took off their shoes today and it is so nice.
Thursday, April 14, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It's amazing what blessings we take for granted on a daily basis. I get in my car and it tends to start. I go to work and I get my paycheck. I go home and my cats and dog are happy to see me. I go to sleep at night and my wife is beside me. Ah... what a blessed man I am!
Glad things are getting normal for you!
Post a Comment