Friday, June 17, 2005

End of the week

Well here it is Friday night. And what do two people married in their 30's do on a Friday night? That's right you guessed it...we dined at Chuckie Cheese and tonight I am scrapbooking and Darrick is doing homework! Here's a recap of our day...

Micah was not thrilled to go to VBS again today but he went. Darrick and I told him that if he finished what he started and went like a big boy we would celebrate tonight at Chuckie Cheese. We are not totally sure what he didn't like exactly but we know that he did have some fun. When I asked him if he wanted to go again next year he said no. And I am ok with that-I guess I should say that I am learning to be ok with that. I am learning that Micah is not me or like anyone else. But he is EXACTLY who and what God dreamed he would be and my job as a parent is to guide him and not change him. I am confident that we will find activities that Micah loves if we just keep exposing him to new situations.

This was our first time to Chuckie Cheese's in Hawaii, it is 2 minutes from our house. It is crazy how much the boys loved it! We went early so to avoid the masses. We ate our pizza and watched the show. Darrick and I laughed because the boys couldn't take their eyes off of the show. But things have not changed since I was a kid. They still have the ridiculous characters that move their heads from side to side and blink their eyes and maybe move their arm every once in awhile-but the boys loved it. Then we had fun playing games together, I played a few rounds of skeeball-I love that game! Then they redeemed their tickets for a little flying thing.

Darrick is taking Astronomy through Program for afloat college education (PACE). After this class he only needs 5 more credits until he earns his AA degree! I am so proud of him. He is waiting to use the computer because he has to watch these outdated CD lectures. Better go!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Job, Darrick, on working on your AA degree. I'm proud of you!

Lee Jones said...

Sweet! Do you get a graduation ceremony, too?