Sunday, June 12, 2005

Hope Chapel

I sure did not feel good last night but Darrick took such good care of me. He gave me medicine, the heating pad, hot tea and rubbed my back. My cough is getting better but it is still not great.

We went to Hope Chapel West Oahu this morning and totally loved it! It is held in a school but it was so well organized. They had a nursery for Jacob and a preschool class for Micah. They both went to their new classes great. Darrick and I really enjoyed the worship and the preaching. We will definitly be going back and we are thinking about trying one of their weekday Bible studies. Some different people came and talked to us, including the pastor.

At the end of the service before the last song a guy went up on the stage with a guitar. He looked familiar to us. The pastor annouced that it was Paul Wright! We couldn't believe it! He is in town for his sister's wedding and stopped by. If you don't know, Paul Wright is a Christian Music artist and Darrick and I saw him perform at Spirit West Coast last year-he is pretty popular. We really enjoyed hearing him again.

After lunch Darrick and Micah had some one on one time and went to a car show by the commissary. Jacob napped and lucky me, I had some one on one time with the laundry! Wohoo!

2 comments:

Nicole Leonard said...

My laundry ALWAYS seems to want to have one-on-one time with me too... Even now, I try to ignore it but it's laying on my bed in a pile, calling to me... Guess I should give it the attention it needs, huh? ;o) Your enthusiasm is motivating to me though... Yippee!!
P.S. I'm jealous you got a pedicure. Can we add that to the list of things we'll do when you're out here?
1. ACAPULCO!!!! (Like, EVERY DAY!)
2. scrapbooking
3. Kara Vita Clinic (you're hosting one, right?) :o)
4. pedicures (without kids!)

Lee Jones said...

I'm not sure what's worse... that you are glad to get time to do laundry, or that I can relate!

Glad you're getting a bit better!