Tonight we had an opportunity along with a few other mini churches to help out at a Homeless Shelter. Our group was assigned to cook the main dish which everyone decided should be Shoyu Chicken. That sounded great except that I had no idea how to make it.
So Susan Ching said that I could come over and make it with her. It was really easy and turned out great!
We were allowed to bring kids 5 and up so Micah could go but Jacob stayed with Margaret. Micah served the salad and did a really good job. Almost all the people there were from Micronasia. We were able to sit and talk with them after we served the food, it was very nice.
After we served Mike and Susan took me into a Philipino bakery to get a dessert. I decided to try butter mochi. I was looking at all the desserts and many had unusual names. Then I saw some cakes and asked Susan what a Mo-cha cake was, was it a cake made out of mochi flour instead of regular flour. She looked at me puzzled and pointed out to me that it was a Mocha flavored cake. Boy was I embarrassed. We got a good laugh!
Sunday, August 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Very cool. That's funny because we were just talking about serving and going "beyond ourselves" at church last night... :)
I just noticed - only 15 days til Darrick is home!!! Wahoo!
Good of you to teach them young!
Post a Comment