Tuesday, August 28, 2007

So Gross!

It was really cooling off nicely this evening so I thought I would mow the backyard before dinner. The grass was a little longer then usual because I didn't mow it on Saturday like I usually do.

Everything was going along fine and I was almost done and I heard this loud THUNK noise and I saw something go flying to my left. My first thought was that it was one of Lulu's dog bone toy things see chews on but as I continued to examine it, from a far distance, I thought I saw blood. Then I started to panic and try to think what it was, but I didn't know. So I had to get closer.

I then saw that it was a huge frog. It's body had been ripped open by the blade and its guts were all over. There was some wierd goo oozing out of it mouth...could I wait 7 days and leave it for Darrick to clean up? No that wouldn't work-either Lulu would try to eat it or it would get maggots and flies-gross.

So I called the boys and asked them to bring a trash bag. I told them something bad had happened while I was mowing the lawn and they were like "What is it? What is it?" I told them the lawnmower got a frog and pointed in the direction it landed. They ran over and right away Micah says, "That's cool!" "No it's not" I said, "It's sad" and Micah said "Oh yeah". Jacob didn't get to close. So Micah held the bag while I scooped it up but I just couldn't do it so Micah said he could scoop it if I hold the bag. So that is what we did. Thank goodness for Micah!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ugh! that is so, so, so GROSS! Way to go Micah - you get an A+ for bravery.

Sam and Darcie Gutierrez said...

Cool!!!

Nicole Leonard said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nicole Leonard said...

Sooo GROSS!!! Blech!! Good job Micah for saving the day!

I think I would have called a neighbor to come clean it up. Or cover it with something and then scoop it so I wouldn't have to look at it.

Ugh... I was hungry for lunch...

Anonymous said...

Poor froggy. You need to take your mower back to where you bought it and get the optional frog detector installed immediately! I hope PETA doesn't hear about this.