Sunday, March 20, 2005

Anuenue

Well, it is Sunday. For those of you who don't know, the name of the church we have been attending is called Anuenue Christian Church. Anuenue means rainbow in hawaiian.It was the 3rd church we tried here. We found it by looking up CRC in the phone book and Anuenue was the only one listed. Right away we were drawn to it. The members were very welcoming but we didn't feel like visitors-we felt like family-like we belonged there. The worship was great and the pastor was awesome.

We have been praying and felt this is where God wanted us. Then about a month ago the church announced they needed a lot of help with the children's ministry. Jenn talked to the leader and found out that she will begin full time school teaching in April and needs to have more help at church. We were amazed at God and how specific His timing can be. It humbled us to think that God had it planned out that we would come to this church at this specific time for this specific reason. The leader was so happy to hear about Jenn's past experience teaching and being the Children's Ministry Director at our past church.

Well today was a difficult day at church. Our current Pastor Hugo Venegas, announced that he would be leaving for Colorado in June to church plant. And the Youth Pastor is going with him. We believe as well as they do that this is God's calling and needs to be followed. But we were stunned. Why God have You led us to this church at this time that is going to be going through such great transition?

It is really hard for me(Jenn) to write about this. Today during his announcement, I felt the same way I did when God told me we were moving to Hawaii. God knows that if it was up to me, Darrick and I would had married and lived our whole lives in CA. But I stepped out in obedience, trusting in His plan for our lives. I felt myself today during the announcement, saying "No God, this isn't happening" I wanted to be part of an established church. Even though I have been a Christian most of my life I have never been called to such hard things before.

Once again Darrick and I feel humbled that God is using us in some way in this situation. We also feel that all the situations we went though at our old church were now a preparation for what He will have us do here. So will you please pray for us and that we will be obedient to how God wants to use us?

We also went on a date tonight. Two people from Darrick's ship, Rico and Steph (they are dating) watched the boys. We posted their picture below. This is the second time they watched the boys. The boys have a really good time with them and even cried tonight when they left.

3 comments:

Nicole Leonard said...

Wow! The way the Lord works never ceases to amaze us, right? Sorry to hear that your pastor is leaving! But the Lord knows what He's doing; you've been through pastors leaving (and more!) at FCC, so I think you can be a source of encouragement and wisdom to Anuenue. (Out of curiosity, how the heck do you pronounce that??) LOVE YA LOTS & we'll keep you in prayer!

Sam and Darcie Gutierrez said...

Man, that's a bummer Jenn! I know how much you want to be part of an established church! ---
I guess we'll just have to wait and see what God will do with all of this!

Lee Jones said...

Hey Jenn & Derrick,

Glad you've found a church home! I'm also glad you've started this blog; I'll be able to keep up!

You have always bee zealous for the Lord, and I know that God will give you hope for all that comes next.

All my friends are using Blogger.com, I guess I'd better hurry up and switch from MSN Spaces!