This week all the schools here are on spring break. So we thought we would do some things with our friends who are usually in school. Since the weather was nice we thought it would be a good beach day. We packed up 2 moms, 5 kids, towels, lunch and a ton of sand toys and headed for Ko Olina Lagoons at 10 am. The trip went good until we got to the check in at the resort and they told us they were not letting any more people in the lagoon today since it was full because of spring break.
We weren't going to let that discourage us. We had seen signs on the way to Ko Olina for Barbers Point. I had heard it was really nice. "Great" we thought "We'll go there!" Pretty soon we were at a harbor for tug boats-not the beach. We tried again and ended up in an industrial park and asked someone changing a tire for directions. We made a another wrong turn and asked some people at a bus stop. We were not sure how accurate their directions were and stopped at a gas station.
We realized that we were going to some sort of beach on a navy base-but not Barbers Point. At this point the kids were fussy and we would of settled for a puddle for the kids to play in! We finally saw a sign for a beach but passed it twice. I told Micah to start praying that we would find a beach-any beach...how hard could it be? We live on an island!
After an hour and a half we finally made it to a beach. The kids had a great time, I posted their picture below. They played in the waves, in the sand and tried to body surf!
Thursday we are planning on going to the Zoo, let's hope that goes better!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
yeah, that beach can be hard to find sometimes. I even have a hard time finding in Iowa. That's crazy, I know... but it's true! :)
Glad you found it! I'm curious if people gave you good directions... when I was merely visiting with Cathy, some islanders went out of their way to discourage us from being on their island.
Ah, that's just the cynic in me speaking.
Post a Comment