First , thank you to everyone who has been leaving comments and for the encouraging notes and emails. You guys have a lot of wisdom and love for us!
Today was a pretty typical Monday, an exciting day filled with mountains of laundry and picking up the house.
We had to get up at 5:30 am and bring Darrick to the ship. We only have our minivan and Darrick usually rides his bike to work but today he had some uniforms he had to bring with him which makes it hard to steer so we all got up to bring him. I had a great idea that as soon as we got home I would take the boys in our bed and we could all go back to sleep. Well Jacob thought it was a funny game and kept flopping himself down on the pillows. Well of course, he missed, and ended up head butting me and giving me a fat lip. So we all got up.
I decided today to try a new workout video called "Pilates for Dummies". I have been interested in pilates and thought this would be a fool proof way to start. I'm happy to say I could follow it easily (does that mean I am a dummy?) But it was really challenging. Has anyone reading this tried these exercises? The focus is on your Powerhouse or middle stomach area. Well after some of the exercises I decided that after 2 kids my Powerhouse is more like a weak and Flab house. So hopefully these exercises will help. It was just so different because I am use to endless repitions and sweating and telling the lady on the video to please stop. But we only did about 6 reps of each exercise and the focus is on form.
I forgot to write yesterday that Darrick went outside to mow the lawn in the morning before church. He has a certain pair of lame-o velcro cheap shoes that we got at KMart for cheap that he wears when he mows the grass. He keeps them outside since they are dirty. Yesterday when he went to put them on he was surprised to find a frog hiding in his shoe! This is the second time that happened, but last time the frog peed in his shoe, which wasn't too pleasant. Man, don't you wish you lived in Hawaii?
Monday, March 21, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Well, I have to say first that Uncle Marv's story about the "jumping for his life" frogleg is SOOO gross! :o) I'll definitely never eat froglegs now.
Can a powerless-house turn into a powerhouse? I hope so.
funny post Jenn!! I laughed out loud a couple of times!
Post a Comment