Thursday, March 24, 2005

A fun-filled day

Our day started off early because we had to bring Darrick to the ship this morning. They left today for a dependants cruise to Maui. That is when the sailors can invite family and friends to ride onboard the ship and experience ship life. They have an age limit of 8 years old, so since the boys could not go, neither could I. So Darrick is exploring Maui and will be back Monday.

Today the boys and I went to the Zoo and beach with our neighborhood friends. We had such a good time. Because of traffic (and not Jenn's slow driving :) ) we got separated on the freeway. But we each had a cell phone and eventually found one another again. The Zoo was a lot of fun but it was hot today and humid. So at 1:00 we headed across the street to the beach.

It was a great beach day, the best one so far! The water was warm and I even got in and rode some waves with Micah, it was a blast! Micah is getting so good at riding the waves. I tried to take Jacob in the water but he just kept saying, "Don't like it Mommy!" We ate shave ice and soaked up the sun. It was so relaxing.

We all had pizza for dinner at our neighbors house and the kids continued to have a great time. I posted a picture of the kids and their new animal masks from the zoo. I personally do not like masks, they kind of freak me out and I think Micah looks like he was in the movie "The Planet of the Apes". Jacob can never get his on right and often is wearing it upside down or looking out through the mouth hole instead of the eyes.

We are looking forward to a lazy day tomorrow! Until then...

1 comment:

Lee Jones said...

Masks, and dolls kinda freak me out, too.