Friday, March 25, 2005

Good Friday

Today has been an emotional day for me. It is gloomy here and raining on and off all day. We didn't do a lot which was nice.

God has never been this real to me before. His plan never so evident in my life. Darrick and I believe that God wanted us in Hawaii for a specific reason. I am really out of my comfort zone here. No family, having to make new friends, find a new church, new culture. But I feel so at peace here.

When I think about what Christ did for me on this day it is beyong words. My brother Sam wrote something on his blog (http://www.samgutierrez.blogspot.com/) about how we often try to describe things that are to great for words. He is so right. It just moves me to tears and worship.

I read something someone wrote today that reminded me of a time when I was in college and struggling with Depression that I lost my faith. Which made me even more grateful for Christ and that He loved me even during that time when I turned my back on Him and wanted nothing to do with God. So many family members and friends were praying for me, at a time when I couldn't pray for myself. And I know those prayers saved my life.

I hope that today you have a chance to stop and think about what Good Friday is all about.

1 comment:

Lee Jones said...

I still walk into church and expect to see the Hays at times. You guys are missed, but I believe, as you do, that God has plan for you guys in Hawaii. Feel free to call! Our cell phones have not changed, and we have free weekend minutes!