Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Bethany Goodbye

Every Monday night at 6:00 pm we drive down to Seattle to Bethany Adoption Services to participate in an adoption support group. It is a new group for the Seattle office so right now there is only one other family in the group. We have gotten really close to the other family, the Alvines, who adopted their daughter from the Philippines.

Last night was our last meeting together before Darrick leaves. They brought in a cake for him. It was chocolate-yummy!

Then we all had to write a note to Darrick and put it in a little box for him to take with him.


I think that is what set me off last night. I had to confront how I was feeling and write it on a piece of paper. It overwhelmed me. All I wrote was "You are my heart, I love you".

1 comment:

KellyR said...

I obviously couldn't have even wrote what you wrote because I am crying just reading. My heart breaks for you guys. I think sometimes the military families don't quite support each other because we have all been there, and done that. I hope that you know that it is ok to be feeling what you are feeling. Just because we are military doesn't mean that we should emotionlessly endure these things. It hurts. You all have so many people that love and support you. I hope you know that.