Last night I had the strangest dream:
I was sleeping and our house alarm was going off. ADT was trying to call me to see if we were ok. I knew I needed to get up and check on everything but I couldn't move. It was then that I realized that it was Naomi's birth mom and she was standing next to my bed. I tried to scream and I couldn't. She told me that she was there to take Naomi back. I was trying to get Naomi to run away from her but I couldn't talk...
then I woke up.
I really have not spent a lot of time since we adopted Naomi thinking about her birth mom. I know the facts that we know about her but I don't like to think about her. I will talk with Naomi about her. Naomi knows that she grew in her birth mom's tummy. But the other day she was asking me if I held her when she was a baby. I told her that I didn't but I wished that I could had. She asked me who held her and I said her birth mom. I have pictures of Naomi with her birth mom and I told Naomi that she looks like her birth mom. Then she asked me what her name is. That took me by surprise. She is becoming more curious and trying to start to understand her story.
Friday, August 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment