Tuesday, August 17, 2010

It's official

Today I got the news from UJIMA, our adoption agency, that we are officially certified Washington State foster care parents.

The news is bittersweet. I am so happy that it finally happened and it is now official. But I am disappointed that we could be taking the next step, which is being matched with a child. But because of our current circumstances we are postponing the adoption until Darrick returns.

The worker told me that I could do foster care or respite care while Darrick is gone but that is just too much for me to handle right now.

We have also now officially decided that we will be adopting only 1 more child. We will be requesting a 4 year old girl. In this adoption, as well as our adoption with Naomi, God gave us the desire to adopt and it was a broad vision. With Naomi, our vision started with Africa. Then He narrowed it to Ethiopia, then to a certain agency, which led to a specific country, a specific orphanage and then to the right child.

My head and my heart are telling me different things. My heart tells me to accept a referral because it aches for our daughter. But my head tells me to wait. Adoption, for us, has definitely been harder then pregnancy!

No comments: